• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opened up the rearend this morning....

PeterBuilt

NAXJA Member #342
Opened up the rearend cover this morning and i was almost happy. Untill i rotated the ring gear to find out that i had taken 6 yea thats rignt 6 teeth off. Gear patten wear looks perfect. So im going to call the company tomorrow and see what they can do for me. But I am going on the Paragon run on the 13 or whenever the date was in July. And ill actually be bringing my jeep. Getting my friend to pull me up. So Ben we are on Pick your Poison on the first day!!! And maby if John wants to spot us through M-extension we will hit that up too. Cant wait.

PeterBuilt

If it wasn't for lousy luck, you'd have none at all!!! You should be able to get another gearset by then. Did it look like metal fatigue? How come the ring failed? What gears are you running?

Yeah, got to run Pick Your Poison this time. Maybe walk Pebbles and Bamm Bamm and see if we want to step up the challenge level a bit more. I'll be the guinea pig again. :wink:

A.

Yea so i was running Precision Gear 4.56 in my 8.25, so i would figure the shafts would take the hit first, guess not. So im sending my old gears out like thursday when i pull the rear then they will check them out and send me a replacement or ill just buy new ones. And chris it was like 2000 RPM, maby :wink:

PeterBuilt

hey, pete when are you gonna be home this week. I'd like to come check out how your jeep is doing. I just met a guy named John with a nice XJ that lives in somerville. He wants to see your jeep as well. Just give me a time and I'll stop over sooner or later. And Easy Xjer, I shoudl be able to stop by sometime also. There are too many graduation parties going on...not much time to do stuff. _Nick_

Yea so not only is my jeep broke but i lost my cell phone with every phone number that i would ever need. yea it sucks. so ill just stop bye or something when you are home. and i talked to that kid from somerville a little bit too. saw a pic of his jeep looks nice. So ill proably stop bye on sunday becuase im working on my jeep i think. the word is that my parents are going to our house in Mass for a week so that means that i can bring my jeep home and work on it. later

PeterBuilt

Alright....my brother said you are gonna stop by around noon tomorrow(sunday). I'll be home. Maybe I'll be working on my rock rails. I just finished reinforcing one. It's my first job with welding and it looks pretty good so far. Jsut gotta drill the holes get some bolts. I need to see that protofab bumper as well. What's up with the ring gear? They gonna replace it or what? That's weird that that blew before the axle shaft, even if the pattern wasn't perfect. Wel,l you do have those dutchman's. later _Nick_

Call me!

Pete et-al, I'm back from the Cayman's (nothing exciting.) Are you still riding with me in Mass this weekend? Call me: (856) 374-8153.

Nick, I have a close-quarters drill (and tons of hardware, for that matter) that would be perfect for mounting the reinforcements to the pinch seam if you wanna come down one evening. I get home around 4:30.

Thanks for the offer mark, but I think I'll just take care of this at home. I will come down some time soon though and see what's going on. Maybe you can help me design this tire carrier I want to make. later _Nick_

Back