• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Longer front brakelines?

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed the RE 3.5 superflex and netted about 4.5 - 5 inches in the front now i need longer front brakelines. I relocated and straightened the stock ones but not long enough still. I remember reading on here about YJ brakelines and did a search of past threads but still am confused. Which YJ lines do you buy front or rear? hard lines or soft lines?. Would the RE1505 brake line extension and coupler work for me with my stock lines? What is my best bet?? Any opinions or info would be greatly appreciated, I gotta get this DD back on the road quick. THANKS, NICK

I used 95 YJ fronts non -abs and they work great sitting about 5- 5.5 inches over stock, John

I have abs will these lines still work for me?

Yeah, they'll work. YJ lines are the best to use because it's easy to get a replacement if you ever need one.

I second the YJ lines. I have the RE ss lines and one actually snapped on me, going over a tristy section too fast...these are the lines that came with the kit! I replaced the broken one with a YJ line and it is actually longer!

Tim

Great. So all i have to order is YJ front soft brake lines that is all?Just the soft tube ones? NICK

I used '94 YJ "soft" lines on my MJ.

The so-called "soft" lines do have a length of metal tube and fitting at the end where it attaches to the caliper. This is not shaped exactly like the stock XJ fitting and some minor bending is required, but with that taken care of they work fine.

Don't know what year they are!

Rear brake hose from YJ 4'inches longer. #52004152
Longer front brake hoses for lifted XJ from YJ. #52006473 Left #52006472 Right

These are part #'s I have saved from an e-mail last year.

HIH!

Now I have been told YJ front lines and back lines. Which ones are they I am confused now. Thanks NICK

96XJCLASSIC said:
Now I have been told YJ front lines and back lines. Which ones are they I am confused now. Thanks NICK

YJ fronts for the front
YJ rear for the rear.

I did the YJ rear hose and just relocation brackets for the front and I have 4" of lift.

96XJCLASSIC said:

Just use the part numbers M. Lake posted.

I use a 96 Dakota 4x4 rear line. It's almost too long right now with only 5" lift, but it should be perfect once I get the BOR leafs installed.

I used the YJ lines for a long time, up to 6 inches of lift just fine.

at 8 inches I went up to Chevy fullsize lines, they are quite a bit longer and I don't have to take the calipers off to take my coils out now (w longarms)

BTW I have my 2year used yj front lines for sale $20 local or $25 shipped.

Used 94 YJ front lines from local autoparts place. Direct replacement about 5 inches longer, no modifications need. Thanks All For The Help, NICK SMITH

Just about got the heep back on the road. Can't wait.

Back