• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj body kit

dvsjoker

NAXJA Forum User
hello i was wondering if anyone has or know where i can get some type of body kit for the xj let me know. i have the lunds fiberglass running bord so im really looking for somethign for the rear and front

A few weeks ago someone asked virtually the same exact question. My response is the same -- the XJ is a unibody, so there is no such thing as a body kit for it.

However, the last time someone else pointed out that the questioner probably was using incorrect terminology and might be looking for ground effect trim -- air dams, etc. I don't remember if anyone identified any sources for such the last time this came up. Try a search (on All Forums) for "body kit" and see what comes up. That should at least get you into the previous discussion on this topic.

Try and contact XJGuy... I think he was the one that made "Bodykits" for the XJ.

Actually Eagle,
He wasnt referring to body lift kit.
I believe he was refering to whats known as "Ground Effects" which are popular at the street racing scene.

Centrevillemx said:
Actually Eagle,
He wasnt referring to body lift kit.
I believe he was refering to whats known as "Ground Effects" which are popular at the street racing scene.

Originally posted by Eagle
However, the last time someone else pointed out that the questioner probably was using incorrect terminology and might be looking for ground effect trim -- air dams, etc.

Calling stuff that attaches to but isn't the body a "body kit" makes just about as much sense as calling a Chinese taillight that's styled after a car not sold in Europe a "Euro Style" taillight.

Sheesh. Marketing types are too stupid to even qualify as idiots.

That's just the times we live in. I have 3 teenagers so I'm used to it.

Fast and the Furious

It all went to Hell after the "Fast and the Furious"

No offense but i think even if there was one it would look like crap. COMPLETE CRAP. I'm sorry but we're talking about JEEPS not Hondas. They're offroad vehicles. They should have body kits (ground effects), they shouldn't be lowered, they shouldn't have 20some inch rims, etc. I'm not trying to be offensive or rude, but IMO it's a tragic to do antyhing like that to a Jeep.

Forum Fixer said:
This forum has been created for people to discuss modification and tuning issues related to street XJ's.

This may include lowering XJ's, or just performance tuning a stock suspension XJ and more.

IF you do not care for this type of modification, that is fine. Bashing or rude comments towards posters will not be tolerated.

As always, the "Report This Post" feature is the best way to deal with a post that is out of line.

Enjoy the forum!

tb_9120_p138787.jpg

Last edited:
Spider Jeep, please keep you negative comments to yourself. This area of NAXJA was made specifically for those of us who rather optimize thier Jeeps for street use.

For your information, all Jeeps are not made for offroad use. Even early on Jeep Overlander made 2wd on-road only vehicles. Most recently DC made the KJ another on-road only vehicle ;)

Jeep Corp. even raced MJs with full aero kits, 2wd, and lowered suspensions.

Everyone can do with their Jeep as they want, and we here at NAXJA welcome the diversity.

XJguy

Yepp -- we gotta do something with all those 2WD XJs they sold in Texas and Florida. :D

Seriously, I'm not knocking the concept -- I just don't think "body kit" is the right terminology for spoilers and air dams. However, I'm a linguistic purist -- possibly the only person still alive who thinks words should say what they mean and mean what they say. (Sigh!)

:tears: :lecture: :soapbox: :bawl:

OK, OK. I'm sorry. Seriously no hard feelings or anything. I guess it was a dumb comment, I'm just sensitive about such Jeep issues. Plus i couldnt see a nice kit on such a sqaure vehicle. It'd be worse than the old VW's, but oh well. Anyways My bad people. The last thing i need is a bad rap on here :)

I would just like to point out that those sweet 20 inch rims do look good on a jeep when you wrap 44s around them. But hey, a jeep is a jeep whether its lowered or lifted, it rocks!

Here are some old pictures of the Warrior in construction...don't ask me for updates its in storage and in pieces have not finished it. :(

When you cant find the kit you like build your own. dvsjoker sent me this link: http://www.geocities.com/silverkit98/BodyKit1.html

I needed a cowl hood that would let the supercharger fit but I wanted it to match the hood lines perfectly. I also wanted a way in which I could extract as much heat from the radiator as possible while increasing downforce (or decreasing lift), hence the huge slit across the front edge. So I made this thing, its a plug for the carbon fiber hood I will get to one of these days :rolleyes:

When I am ready to make the CF one, I will paint and wax this thing to a mirror shine, then coat with it with anti adhesion than make a FG or reinforced plaster mold...then finally make the CF one..lots of work. The plug will most likely be discarded then.
warriorhood.jpg

warriorhood2.jpg

warriorhood3.jpg

The fenders are modified all in metal. The vents I fabricated in steel, contoured and welded-in are actually called air extractors. They are 100% functional (they just happen to look good too :) ) Since the XJ has such hugely open wheel wells, it tends to capture a lot of air. This translates into mondo air resistance. One method of decreasing this is by using extractors. I will also be affixing a gurney lip (flap) somewhere along there to augment extraction. The portholes are actually Weber carburetor intake funnels. They are brushed aluminum and extend into the engine bay. I had to cut into the inner fender to do so. Since the Warrior will have an almost completely sealed off underbelly and I will be producing much more engine heat, I needed a way to get some of the heat out.

fender2.jpg

Opening up the rear of my cowl hood, would not do the job, since it is an area of high pressure and at speed, air is pushed/sucked in rather let out. I also did not want hot air blowing into the ventilation vent hole which is located under the passenger side cowl screen.

fender4.jpg

Next will be a chop up of the aerobody kit to further lower it to the ground as well as blend into the custom fender flares I plan to make. The flares will also be in CF, and will be designed to really hug the tire, and of course have rounded arches. Should resemble the ML55 flares but a bit more extreme.

XJguy

Eagle said:
Calling stuff that attaches to but isn't the body a "body kit" makes just about as much sense as calling a Chinese taillight that's styled after a car not sold in Europe a "Euro Style" taillight.

Sheesh. Marketing types are too stupid to even qualify as idiots.

OMG...I need to change my shorts! :clap:

dvsjoker said:
hello i was wondering if anyone has or know where i can get some type of body kit for the xj let me know. i have the lunds fiberglass running bord so im really looking for somethign for the rear and front

GTS corp. makes them- and makes them for just about anything- their really for show though. The ones we delt with were ureathane non re-inforced that pop rivited on- this link below is for the MJ, but I assume the XJ rear to be the same- you`ll have to dig the net for a front air dam, most are one off, custom made....a few people I know just went with the rear valence- cut/mod/create/make it work for the front, and trim the edges to the fender flares.
http://www.speedyperformanceparts.com/gt-styling_jp_commanche_c.html

I can assure you, what your designing will look like a brick- it will make it look really square-ford tried this with their rangers before the lightning edition-the only way they could get them to sell was to add a wing on the bed...thanks ford...now theres wings everywhere.

lessee- it went "body kit, styleing kit, aero kit, spoilers, GT kit, airdam kits...dunno what their called now...:) "

Years back I brought this subject up here- I was trying to find a link to the Archer Brothers raceing website. They had full kits for Mjs and Xjs in urethane and carbon fiber-lowering kits, ect....they moved on- dont supply them now. I remember someone in here that offered to look for me..someone in New York I believe, that said they had a line on "some" kits......never did follow it up.

Ed in North Ga. said:
...Years back I brought this subject up here- I was trying to find a link to the Archer Brothers raceing website. They had full kits for Mjs and Xjs in urethane and carbon fiber-lowering kits, ect....they moved on- dont supply them now. I remember someone in here that offered to look for me..someone in New York I believe, that said they had a line on "some" kits......never did follow it up.

Erubuni? That's the first name that pops to mind for body kits & New Yawk.

I guess I will throw my comments in on this subject, I have a 2WD xj (along with a 4WD) I also have been thinking of a "body kit". It will be for street use only and eventually have a nice v-8 instead of the 2.5. I say more power to you and if you find one post it here so we as xj folks can see what it looks like thanks.

Back