• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ discs on Chrysler 8.25

Hey folks I know I asked this question once before and somebody passed me a link about the ZJ d-35 rear disc brakes on to the XJ chrys. 8.25... To make a long story short I lost the info and dont really feel like spending an hour searching archives...(I know I'm being a lazy ass!) Anyway I found the info from MAD XJ for ZJ brakes on a D-44, but somebody passed a link for the D-35 onto to 8.25, could I please get it one more time!?! I promise I'll print it out and lamenate it!!!

Thanks
Scott Suyeto
NAXJA Member #631

Check out my site as think I have a link there on my write up on rear disks brakes. They are easier than D44's as bolt straight on with the only difference between yours and the D35 is you have the make the centre bracket hole slightly bigger as your axle tubes are slightly larger than a D35.

What is the link?

I looked around on his linked sites, and couldn't find that information.....

I'm thinking about doing the same conversion. could you post the link....

Thanks

Thanks...............

reckon this setup would work/ be the same on a 29 sp. 8.25??

OK great info on those 3 sites, but how do I identify a 94-98 Grand Cherokee in the junkyard so I can start gathering parts?

karstic said:
OK great info on those 3 sites, but how do I identify a 94-98 Grand Cherokee in the junkyard so I can start gathering parts?

i don't think all of em had rear discs ( i know my moms 95 4x4 gc laredo didn't) but i guess it'll just haveta be a hunt & find sorta thing,

1998 was the last year of the old body style Grand Cherokees.

Phone shop first. Call the junk yards and ask for a 94-98 GC with rear disk brakes. Tell them you want only the rear brake components. Some yards will not allow you to separate the brakes from the rear end. Many others won't have GC's from those years. Some others will have the parts but will want to charge you a ridiculous amount. Once you get a list of places, then you can start checking out the parts. I found that many places pull the tires off of a vehicle and let it fall to the ground. This doesn't do the backing plates a lot of good. Fortunately, backing plates can be purchased new. They aren't very expensive either. I had to do a bit of looking before I finally found what I needed for the price I wanted. I did have to buy one backing plate and some of the e-brake components from the dealer.

Back