PDA

View Full Version : Need new 4.0 need recommendations

rysam
November 22nd, 2017, 20:45
Locked up my motor on the way to work, looking to replace it. Id like to put a new/rebuilt in instead of a jy special.
Im looking for recommendations on a good stock replacement that wont break the bank. Not hearing a lot of good on atk or titan, cant afford a stroker..what options are out there that dont suck balls?

01 xj 4.0

Heavyopp
November 22nd, 2017, 21:49
Craigslist -- I got lucky and found a little old lady owned 98 grand with 27,000 original miles -- she totaled the jeep, I bought the motor for $350

I didn't believe the 27,000 miles so I went and saw it -- motor was still in the ZJ and sure enough the odometer read 27,000 -- if I had only known how desirable those seats are I would have bought them too -- barely any wear on them

rysam
November 23rd, 2017, 15:59
How about a good shop to rebuild it in the nor cal / Reno area?

Wayne Sihler
November 24th, 2017, 06:44
Jasper,I,m happy with mine,34,000 on this one,no problem.

BALTANAKT
November 26th, 2017, 13:57
I am about to go with Jasper myself.

trippled
November 26th, 2017, 14:41
Jasper,I,m happy with mine,34,000 on this one,no problem.

Having installed a l lot of Jasper motors, I would never run one. Seen too many fail. That's about as much as I can offer, I have another block I'm slowly going to rebuild. I figured it can't be much worse than the crap out there anymore.

BALTANAKT
November 26th, 2017, 18:11
^

Would love to rebuild my own but have no garage to work out of.

Seems like there are similar stories for every re-manufacturer.

At least it comes with a warranty, I guess...

Lake919
December 3rd, 2017, 18:19
I would definitely steer far clear of Titan. They build a complete garbage product and once the motor fails, they always find a reason for the failure to be with the customer and refuse to pay for it. Plus Titan isn't even their name, that is a shell company, for two other shell companies before you actually see the real owner.