• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAT Workdays November 4th and 5th.

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
More details to follow.

Camping will likely be at Northshore in Arrowhead.

Dang.

Even if I get my transfer case back in by then I will still have the driveshaft length and pinion angle details to get right.

I will probably miss this one.

By the way, was there, or will there be, an end of the year event this year? I recall last year was at Glen Helen. The year before was at the Discovery Center. Anything like that this year?

...was there, or will there be, an end of the year event this year?

No.

As to the drive shaft, Sawzall, JB Weld, and tongue depressors to keep it straight wile the epoxy cures.

I already had plans made for me for that weekend, so I won't be able to make this one.

If there isn't an official AAT run planned for December I might plan one myself and invite all of you to tag along and look for shocks dropping out of the Jeep.

No.

As to the drive shaft, Sawzall, JB Weld, and tongue depressors to keep it straight wile the epoxy cures.

But what do you do to cheer the tongue back up?

And, of course, I'll be there. We will be staying at North Shore. Likely doing Cleghorn on Saturday and 2N04 on Sunday.

SATURDAY, November 4 - 2N47 Cleghorn Maintenance
Meet Point 09:00
AM 2N47 Cleghorn Eastern end at intersection of CA 138
The main focus for Saturday is general maintenance and clearing of a previously discovered illegal garbage/debris dump.

FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT CAMPING
We ain't camping! We have secured the SBNF Adopt-A-Trail volunteer cabin for Friday and Saturday nights. The cabin is located in the same facility as the North Shore Work Center. Please RSVP for lodging so I am expecting your arrival as we are behind a locked gate. All you will need to bring is bedding. The cabin includes a heater, shower, stove, and refrigerator.

SUNDAY, November 5 - 2N04
Meet Point 1: 9:00 AM North Shore Work Center.
Meet Point 2: 10:00 am 2N04 West End.
The focus for Sunday's work day is normal general maintenance of 2N04.

COMMUNICATIONS
CB Radio: The fours. We'll start on 4, if busy we'll bump up to 14, 24, or 34.
2m: 146.585 Simplex, CTCSS/PL tone 100.

What do I need?
Any vehicle that can do a USFS-rated moderate trail (Stock XJ, okay).

Bring gloves, a hat, and loppers. Please bring light long sleeve shirts for brush work. Closed toe shoes mandatory. Hard hats may be available but if you have your own please bring it.

Please RSVP if you plan to attend so we can plan. Please state which days you will be doing the maintenance, whether you are camping, and which meeting point you plan to use for Sunday. Depending on participation levels I may provide lunch one or both days.

Remember folks, you can always come out and work with us on one day and go wheeling the next. You're not committed to working both days if you don't want to. If you work either of the days you may stay in the cabin with us.

Thank you for your time, it is appreciated.

Back