• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep resurrection...need help

XJRN

NAXJA Forum User
So my 99 has been sitting 3 years and hasn't moved. My wife had a baby, I broke the steering and it has just sat since I couldn't find myself to part with it. I really want to get it going and need some advice.

It is on FW 44/60 and the front links suck. They are radius arms and I had planned to go 3 link and actually have heims and an upper mount for it. The stock steering box didn't cut it with 37s and a spool so want to mount a ram assist too. I am looking for suggestions where to mount the ram. I think I need to move the track bar and build a straight one for clearance.

I also plan on replacing gas/fluids/battery but if there are any others suggestions for getting a sitting jeep running again they are welcome.

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y323/bryanboonern/IMG_3788.jpg

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y323/bryanboonern/IMG_3792.jpg

Last edited:
Rather than spend bucks on the 3 link, you really need to get the geometry right on the steering.

What do you have on the steering box , is that a drop arm on the steering box because the steering link form the steering box to the right wheel needs to be in the same angle as the front end locating bar . that's what old man is saying

Rather than spend bucks on the 3 link, you really need to get the geometry right on the steering.

Concur. Radius arms may not be what you want, but they are safe. Sounds like your steering isn't.

Concur. Radius arms may not be what you want, but they are safe. Sounds like your steering isn't.

I agree thus the statement about moving track bar. Looking for suggestions where and how to mount it while having room for a ram.

As far as radius arms they aren't safe for the road because the axle was out of a donor jeep and brackets aren't angled right for the arms and there is a lot of binding and pressure on the bushings causing them to fail.

Bump for more help. I need some suggestions

Back