• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get rear spring shackles just 1-2" higher

bradleyheathhays

NAXJA Forum User
Ok talk me out of this if I'm being stupid. But I'm wanting to update my bushings on the cheap for better steering and ride. In the rear I'm avoiding getting full leaf springs b/c of the cost, so I'm just gonna press some new ones in.

Nother reason i'm avoiding new leafs is hopefully not too far down the road I'll be putting a whole suspension lift kit on and it seems like new leafs would just go to waste.

But for now, I'm sagging just a bit in the rear and would like to get back up to OE height, so I'm thinking for the rear leaf attach points I'm wanting some shackles that'll get me back up.

Where do you go to get heightened shackles that aren't part of a full kit?

By the time you buy decent extended shackles and bushings you have almost bought new springs and saved the hassles of replaces the bushings in your old wore out springs.

Yeah I know, money money money money, money. I'm up to about $400 in replacement parts now so I gotta cut back somewhere. This is all just to span some time until I get the real lift going. Couple years from now prob.

Ended up going with these...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/263242385891

Two height options and got em for $10 off retail b/c of open box. $50 wasn't too bad.

Adjustable shackles are prone to bending, breaking and/or cracking unless you run them at their lowest setting (top hole)

Back