PDA

View Full Version : Wheel center caps

Tacowhip
September 24th, 2017, 17:39
Ok, so I just finished installing new hubs on my xj and I want to cover the spindle nut and cotter pin with a center cap on my wheels. When I bought the jeep, the previous owner didn't install caps with the wheels. They look like soft 8s. I don't want to spend $30 on quadratech for a set of 4. Does anyone know where I can get a cheap set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bent
September 24th, 2017, 18:00
Red Solo cups.

Seriously, though, you may give ebay a whirl. You may be able to find a size that will work even if they are not specifically for your rims.

Anak
September 24th, 2017, 20:48
If you can figure out how to get past Photobastage's ransom, or get the OP to repost their images from another host, here is a thread about installing Jeep OEM center caps on Cragar wheels:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1027064

srb531
September 25th, 2017, 05:29
take a tennis ball, cut it in half. it jams right in there . and they come in all different colors too. works for me.

Bent
September 25th, 2017, 07:24
take a tennis ball, cut it in half. it jams right in there . and they come in all different colors too. works for me.
Pretty damn clever.

Which makes my mind go straight to a black racquet ball.

srb531
September 25th, 2017, 16:26
Pretty damn clever.

Which makes my mind go straight to a black racquet ball.

racquet ball is maybe to hard to squish in there, but you can spray paint a tennis ball black. ive done that too. i also found blue ones by a google search.