PDA

View Full Version : Metalcloak oil pan skid

sls97xj
September 17th, 2017, 07:26
https://www.metalcloak.com/Wrangler-Oil-Pan-Skid-Plate-p/2701.htm I have this skid on my TJ, and the site says it MAY fit XJs. The exhaust is different on the XJ, so may be an issue at the trans. I have the AW4 on a 97. Just wondering if anyone has used it?

TJPRETENDINGTOBEXJ
September 17th, 2017, 21:00
The way it bolts on it looks like it'd be fine. I like the design though, so, please tell us if you do it! I'd buy one for my xj as well!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

XJensen
September 19th, 2017, 14:54
Engine oil pan is not typically and issue from my experience. The transmission pan on the other hand....

1990JEEPXJ
September 19th, 2017, 21:45
Sure you could get it but like stated, cherokees oil pans aren't in harms way like they are on wranglers.

TRCM
September 19th, 2017, 23:31
Sure you could get it but like stated, cherokees oil pans aren't in harms way like they are on wranglers.

Why would it be any different on a wrangler than an XJ ??

engine & axle are in the same places in relation to each other......

rockclimber
September 19th, 2017, 23:57

no.

the engine on a cherokee sits considerably further forward in relation to the axle than a TJ. and higher.

the net result is that the oil pan is a bit safer.

rockclimber
September 19th, 2017, 23:59
the problem I have with these types of skids is that if you hit them hard enough you'll end up probably damaging the bellhousing and the block where it mounts.

burntkat
September 20th, 2017, 07:27
the problem I have with these types of skids is that if you hit them hard enough you'll end up probably damaging the bellhousing and the block where it mounts.

Exactly

Much better to pull the oil pan and weld a plate directly to the bottom of it, if you're worried.

RCP Phx
September 20th, 2017, 07:44

Plus, they use the 42RE trans which is bigger and hangs lower.

TRCM
September 20th, 2017, 14:20
no.

the engine on a cherokee sits considerably further forward in relation to the axle than a TJ. and higher.

the net result is that the oil pan is a bit safer.

Ok....would not have thought that from looking at them

cwyman6
September 22nd, 2017, 13:18
Looks just like the nth degree that I put on mine. Works pretty good.