• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Simplifying my 01

Rockdrummer93

NAXJA Forum User
Is there any write up threads or tricks to simplying to everything on a late model XJ? I'm wanting it to pretty much set up like a buggy in a XJ body. Tired of harness ghosts and such and just want to flip a few toggles and hit start and she runs. Wanting to pull almost everything out that isn't needed to make it run and move. Figured id ask before I started cutting.

then you need current harness and all its modules to start and drive the thing

I think unless you're changing engine/trans you'll be forever chasing problems you created trying to "simplify" things. Its a FI engine. there's gonna be a few sensors.

What are you doing besides putting the key in the ign and turning it? How my '98 works. easy enough for me.

Just having issues with it running on its own systems. Ive replaced part after part and can't seem to find it. I can get it to run if I start jumping relays but something isn't telling the computer to turn key components on. It runs when it feels like it. Will run for a little while then just shut off and not start back up for a little while. And when I am in shitty spot on the trail it gets annoying and dangerous

changed crank sensor?
what parts have been replaced?

Is this a street legal vehicle? Is it a automatic? The XJ is very computer driven, so while you might "dumb it down" a little it will cost you a lot of money!

after grounds, pull your codes. likely something simple

Is there any write up threads or tricks to simplying to everything on a late model XJ? I'm wanting it to pretty much set up like a buggy in a XJ body. Tired of harness ghosts and such and just want to flip a few toggles and hit start and she runs. Wanting to pull almost everything out that isn't needed to make it run and move. Figured id ask before I started cutting.

If your looking for super simple go get a dizzy, carb, and coil from an old carb 4.0 and set it up with a fpr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back