• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proper back spacing for 15x8 wheels??

96country

NAXJA Forum User
Was just wondering what backspacing people were running with 15 x 8s and 31s? I am currently running them on a set of 15 x 7 stock steel wheels and they rub the LCAs at full lock. Will the 15x8s give me the clearance to not rub the LCAs?

Thanks

I would recommend 4.5"bs but with a 7" rim.An 8" rim is to big for anything up to 33x12.5's, you lose protection and you are more likely to lose a bead!

At 4.5" lift and 33's with Ar-767 with 4.75 BS I had no rubbing of the LCA's, when I went to ~6.5" and RE drop brakets I rub again only at full cock durring a u-turn.

Rubing on the LACs is not a big deal if you have nice round aftermarket ones. You can also adjust the steering stops so that even your stock wheels woun't rub.

As far as sticking out past you wheel wells, it going to happen with the biigger tires and lesser BS. Your stock wheels have 5.25" bs. Some guys even run 3.73" BS, but then you may have more issues to deal with on fender rubbing when all flexed up.

I run 32's on 15x8's w/3.5" of backspacing. The only rubbing I got was on the fender flares, which I cut back an inch or so and have never rubbed again. I'd keep to a 7" rim for 31's - it's optimal for holding the bead.

Back