• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need your recommendation Where to mount arb compressor

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
99 auto, Locking C8.25 with arb.
Where is a good spot for mounting the little compressor?
I thought maybe the rear passenger side where it sink in, sometimes a sub is put there. Not sure if the switches will reach the console from there through.

Thanks for your help/ thoughts

Here is a picture of where I mounted mine mini ARB compressor on my 2000.
1417260fca8d5dd397a01b4246c07a8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been thinking of trying to mount such a compressor inside one of those quarter panels. If you remove the interior panels you will find there is quite a bit of room inside. I like the idea of down low, in the section between the wheel well and the tail lights.

I think a couple of pieces of 1/8" angle iron on each side would provide a ledge on which a mounting plate could be supported. A better job could be done if you have access to a press brake. Bends of something along the lines of 100 degrees are probably more in line with what is actually needed.

The mounting to the outside body panel will be the sticky wicket for most folks. The nut strips for my armor were the catalyst for this idea for me. I already have hardware running through the body there.

One thing to make sure of first is the sealing up of the cavity to the outside of the vehicle. There are a couple of plastic body plugs that if missing will allow a phenomenal amount of dust into that cavity. I was missing one of those plugs on one side and the dust had accumulated to the point that it was a couple of inches of dirt. That amount of dust is not going to be healthy for a compressor.

Just a thought for your consideration.

Mines mounted about where Jeeptec's is!

anyone else mounting on the interior?

also how far should the wiring for the switches run? ide check ,but the jeeps in the shop.

my thinking for mounting the compressor in the back was to limit bends on the air line, but again switch wiring/ power lines might be a factor.

The wiring harness length is set-up for a under hood installation. If you want to mount it anywhere else you will just need to extend the wires!

Mine is mounted under the driver's side rear seat.

I pulled my air box, replaced with a rustys air tube, and mounted the compressor behind the drivers side headlight.

Used a modified stock battery tray and a license plate to build a flat mounting surface for it

I will be mounting mine on the drivers side wheel well, im going to see if there is enough room behind the plastic cover, otherwise it will be mounted as close to the rear seat as possible

I cut out the spare tire mount and put it behind that panel.

DSCF0805_595.jpg

DSCF0806_595.jpg

I used the passenger side. There is room for an MV-50 and Harbor Freight's knockoff of the MV-50. It fits without hacking up the interior. The ARB compressor looks smaller and should be even easier to fit there.

Back