• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does Rusty's still have a bad rep?

tebbsjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have been searching for what long arm kit I want for a while now. I really like the new-ish Rusty's Competition 4-link they came out with. It is on sale now for only $699 so that price is pretty hard to beat. I'm just wondering if they have resolved their customer service issues that I've read about through countless forum threads. Having said that, I haven't found a recent thread on them within the last two years or so. I want completely bolt on, no radius arms, removable crossmember, and stout mounts. I do like the new CavFab Alpha kit, but with 6 month plus waiting period those, I'm not that interested.

I guess the main thing I'd like to know is, has Rusty's improved their quality/customer relations in the past 2-3 years? If anyone has personal experience with their Comp 4-link, I'd be very interested with what you have to say about it.

Link to kit with sale price: http://www.rustysoffroad.com/sales-clearance/sales-items/rusty-s-xj-competition-4-link-suspension-system.html

Last edited:
definitely following, but Ironrock offroad is gonna be relasing a 3 link kit soon. I think the price on it was $799. But I havnt seen anything negative about rustys lately

I don't know how long the sale is going for, so I might need to just make the gamble. I messaged Rusty's and they say they have the kits in stock, and if I order it today they'll ship it on Monday. I really like design of how it mounts, and for being able to have a separate cross member. I haven't heard about anything new from Iron Rock.

I bought it this morning. It should be here on the 11. For $96 in shipping you'd think it'd get here sooner. But I feel good about the purchase.

I bought it this morning. It should be here on the 11. For $96 in shipping you'd think it'd get here sooner. But I feel good about the purchase.
I have heard calling them will net you a better ship rate than just ordering online.

Back