• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saturday Moderate Group

NAXJA Forum User
Hello again. If you didn't read my Friday moderate/hard group thread my name is Jason.

I've been to 7 Crawls overall and this is my 5th in a row at Harlan.

Let start by saying if we end up with the same group as we have on the Friday run the ideas below will probably change.
If we stay more on the moderate (maybe some easy stuff) side I think for this day we should start out with Lower Rock Garden. It seems to be a staple for rigs mild to wild and we can certainly have fun on it. Killin Time is also right there so if you didn't run it the day before now's your chance.

There's also Rail Bed and Pinball. We'll check out Rail Bed before making that decision as it changes year to year and can be ugly even on the easier exit's. If the weather is nice there's little campground right there that is easily accessible and will have lunch.

We also have Upper Rock Garden which has parts of it for 31's and all the way up to the Can Opener for the big boys. Nice little area.

We'll kind of play it by ear from there.

again if we have the same group from yesterday we can have a completely different day than described above.
I'd recommend at least 31's and 1 locker for this group BUT 2 lockers and 33's or bigger would be better. However there's plenty to do even for a stock/mildly built rig and you won't be disappointed.

Please speak up if you have any ideas or suggestions.

Please do not lose site of the person behind you. We leave NO ONE behind.

In for this ride -

Dirk "Cottontail" DeYoung

Jim texted me a couple weeks ago and upper rock garden had a rock slide before can opener and he suggested us not trying to take anyone go through it. GL HF!

Jim texted me a couple weeks ago and upper rock garden had a rock slide before can opener and he suggested us not trying to take anyone go through it. GL HF!

So...new obstacle ;)

LOL

Did he say it wiped out the road or just the area around can opener?

So...new obstacle ;)

LOL

Did he say it wiped out the road or just the area around can opener?

He said the area before can opener was blocked and he would not recommend anyone trying it. I was going to access it when I got up there. I assume that main trail is open. It's not too far off from the junction to shoot down to Lower and Middle rock garden I figured we could check it out Wednesday or Thursday depending on us checking out that "new" area I pm'd you about.

I think ill join the moderate group friday and decide if i want to do the hard/moderate on saturday. I have 33" general grabber at2 tires, front locker, 12,000 lb winch, rock sliders, spare d30 shafts, and spare rear driveshaft. only thing im worried about is im driving my xj 1400 miles home after so i cant break it too much haha

Back