• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intake Tempurature Sensor

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
I have a ScanGauge type of thing(Ultra gauge) and noticed my intake temp was reading weird and jumping around a bit. Driving on the freeway while it was over 100 degrees outside the gauge showed intake temp at 24 then 35 and seemed to bounce around then jump to over 100 before going back to 20s.

I have had problems running a bit warm(stays around 210 but creeps to 220 idling and on freeway) with a totally new cooling system(rad, pump, fan clutch, tstat etc) and working efan. I thought I had yet another exhauat manifold leak causing it to run warm but started to think could the intake temp sensor cause the problem? If it thinks the intake is 24 degrees could it be running rich causing me to then run warm in different conditions?

I ordered a new Mopar sensor but just figured I'd ask, maybe my issue isn't related to the sensor at all. Figure with the readings jumping around may as well replace it, never have before and over 200k miles now.

Jumpiness in any electrical circuit suggests faulty components or wire harness and/or wire plug issues. Clean, visually inspect, and test.

The IAT is not all that expensive. Sensors tend to fail when hot. But also check circuit wiring.

Thats why I figured replace it and see what happens. It doesn't jump every few seconds but more like every few minutes.

Back