• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleaning suggestion, algae

SuperDOS

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone got tips for cleaning green algae from the door handles.
7dLVOMZ.jpg

Not to take over this thread but, any good products to bring the black back to these handles? I know this is blasphemy but my boss put petroleum jelly on my handle a 4 months ago and it brought back the shine for about 3 months... but i hear that may damage the plastic.

I have moss/algae all over my yard because most of the yard is 1.) facing north 2.) shaded by LARGE trees even though it gets hot...90-100+ all summer here. I use a mix of bleach/Dawn and brush (i.e scrub) it down on the deck, concrete etc. The bleach kills the algae, the soap washes it away. Just using a wrung out rag will kill the algae on the handles, then just wash the car. As long as you soap it up and rinse it off it won't hurt the paint.

As far as restoring the black on Jeep trim there is a product called "Back to Black", https://www.zoro.com/mothers-back-t.../i/G5430175/?gclid=CIrimJvSudQCFRBxfgodUO8LLw but I don't know who makes it. Usually I have used Fusion Matte (paint for plastic) and it usually has lasted 2-3 years looking new.

Back