• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

build questions.

Kego814

NAXJA Forum User
i'm swapping the zj a/c compressor and lines in. i assume that i use the zj charge amount during recharge. am i correct?

Also i'd like recommendations for variable speed fan controllers with links would be preferred.

i also haven't found a definite answer to the upper radiator hose part number so that the hose doesn't get pinched under the hood

I would probably charge it to the XJ spec's. the zJ uses a larger condenser and evaporator may big larger. After you have recharged the ac and if it' low on Freon you'll notice both low and high side lines at the evaporator will freeze up. Then add about 1/4 pound at a time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

compressor is alleged to cool better and to install the compressor you need to use zj lines and alternator bracket, zj belt and an electric fan. and also change upper radiator hose is my understanding.

I already sucked it down but stock pressures are easy enough to find. I'll probably start the project this weekend but I need the variable speed fan controller and info on upper radiator hose. I know ehall completed this project but I never heard a final parts list.

Saying you wheel a JK is like ordering Chinese takeout and calling yourself a chef.

Back