• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommendations for a NP231 rebuild kit?

cjomanche

NAXJA Forum User
Hello. The MJ's transfer case works well, but it leaks. Probably needs an overhaul. Can anyone recommend a good quality kit? I'm seeing $90 dollar kits on Amazon and $250 dollar kits on Quadratec... any others I should be looking at?

I usually buy the bearings and seals individually but if you want all the small parts like bushings and O-rings you should get a master kit. G2 Gear and Axle sells kits with Timken bearings, that's my default recommendation

I usually buy the bearings and seals individually but if you want all the small parts like bushings and O-rings you should get a master kit. G2 Gear and Axle sells kits with Timken bearings, that's my default recommendation

Thanks for the tip. In the industry I work in I'm very familiar with Timken, so that is probably the kit I will go with.

Last edited:
Back