• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 owner's manual errata and omissions

N8N_99xj

NAXJA Forum User
2000 XJ, stopped at FLAPS to buy some bulbs.

Courtesy lamps are listed as a 168 but that is a wedge bulb, these are a normal base. The stock ones for the footwell lights, which I assume is what would be called "courtesy lights", were labeled 158 or 159 (I couldn't tell which) but neither of those are correct either. I used a R5W aka 5007 because that was the lowest wattage bulb i could find with the correct base.

Also, everything I've read says that the cells for the remote are 1616s but they are actually 2016s on mine. Yes, it's the correct remote because I put two 2016s in it and keyless entry started working again.

Last edited:
The remote on my '01 also takes two of the thinner cells. 2016 sounds about right.

More stuff that's wrong.

"Rocker Switch Lamp" is listed as a #37 but it is a unitized "PC" type lamp with a blue filter. Dealer didn't have that one, nor could he even find it in catalog. Any help?

Obnoxiously, the instrument panel backlights are the same thing but larger. $13 apiece! so I only replaced the one that was burned out. P/N 0487 4349 001. Holder is marked "Stanley V2". I kept the burned out one and will take it to FLAPS to see if it is replaceable with a holder that takes a wedge bulb. It looks like the blue filter will come off OK so that's good.

Follow up: It is a wedge bulb in a holder but the blue filter is glued on. Next time I have the dash apart I will have to measure current to determine correct replacement. Hopefully an Auto Meter or similar filter can be used.

Last edited:
Back