• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Throttle Body Spacer?

~1" and made of aluminum. cheapest you can get, they're all basically the same except the "helix" bore on a couple that does jacksquat. and make sure it has adapters for the throttle cable linkage *as they will need to be raised one inch as well to avoid binding*

----gabriel

Make sure you get one for your Jeep's vintage. I have an 87 and it's hard to find one with 3 bolts. The inexpensive ones are always for the newer models.

I didn't think the helix bore made any differance on the XJ, but it seems like the poweraid and the powertower both have it. Are there any other brands I should look at?
Also I read one post that suggested that a TBS and a high flow filter like my K&N would allow to much air and I would lose power?????

BS....you won't lose power. that's just plain stupid. check out dr. dyno's webpage (he posts on jeepsunlimited.com quite frequently) for optimal performance info out of your 4.0

and the helix does nothing of value over a smooth bored tb spacer. it was supposed to "swirl" the charge, but by the time it hits the intake manifold it would break up and disperse normally even if it DID swirl.

anyway as i said before...find one that is CHEAP...i remember someone posting one a while back that aold for 45 bucks IIRC.

good luck...and if you can get your tb bored to 62 mm (as well as your tb spacer when/if you get one) you will be much happier with the performance gains. Accurate power sells a new 62 mm butterfly for your TB for ~20 bucks. probably the best performance mod you can do for the 4.0 w/o spending a wad of cash.....a local machine shop can bore it for relatively cheap if you know how to talk to them. *mine is costing me a case of beer*

--gabriel

Yeah Brother I'm in germany. Beer is cheaper than water!
If I can find a machine shop I will do it!

gac_gonejeepin said:
BS....you won't lose power. that's just plain stupid. check out dr. dyno's webpage (he posts on jeepsunlimited.com quite frequently) for optimal performance info out of your 4.0

and the helix does nothing of value over a smooth bored tb spacer. it was supposed to "swirl" the charge, but by the time it hits the intake manifold it would break up and disperse normally even if it DID swirl.

The helix bore is just a marketing gimmick. It does nothing for performance nor gas mileage. All the available spacers are 1" thick, functionally the same, and definitely don't produce the 20hp/5mpg that the Helix Power Tower guys would have you believe. The choice is:
Poweraid TBS
Helix Power Tower
Hesco TBS
Trick Flow TBS
...and there's probably others who've jumped on the same bandwagon.
My own experience suggests a 2hp and 0.8mpg gain. Just go for the cheapest one and bore it out to 62mm.

Back