• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looks like my 8.8 will stay open for Moab....

Ted Z

NAXJA Forum User
We had a detroit locker that said 31 sp on the box and went to install it last night with the new gears.... IT WAS 28 SPLINE..... That sucked, might get a lockrite no-slip in before then but not likely the way it looks now.....

Bring what you got, if needed I can install it for you in Slickrock campground. :)

Can you get a 31 spline detroit and an install kit by next week?

The great part about the 8.8 is that you don't need to press the carrier bearings on and off a bunch of times, as the shims go on the outside. I'm bringing my diff set up tools to help people out in camp, so if you really want to get that Detroit in, bring it along.

CRASH

CRASH said:
Bring what you got, if needed I can install it for you in Slickrock campground. :)

Can you get a 31 spline detroit and an install kit by next week?

The great part about the 8.8 is that you don't need to press the carrier bearings on and off a bunch of times, as the shims go on the outside. I'm bringing my diff set up tools to help people out in camp, so if you really want to get that Detroit in, bring it along.

CRASH

Now thats hard core!:D I dont think I have the skill do do a gear setup in the field. Its hard enough for me in my own garage:)

Good Luck with the install

AARON

Weld it, take care of getting a real locker in it when you get home. Simple, cheap, quick.

Sean

man, I wish I could be going to moab next week. XJ's ready to rock, just couldn't get the time off from work. Darn them!! You guys have a blast though.

Back