• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

connector for factory overhead console?

N8N_99xj

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm going to be moving all the stuff I added from my '99 over to the '00 that is replacing it... One of the things is a mirror with compass, outside temp, etc.

I realize now that I could have done a better job of installing it neatly if I'd just made it to plug into the factory plug for the overhead console behind the passenger footwell. Has anyone run down the part numbers for the plug and connectors that I could order from e.g. Mouser, Digi-Key, etc.?

thanks!

If you can't find OEM ones from a junk yard one, would the connectors from a ZJ OHC work?

That's a good option. For $10 I grabbed a compass/temp mirror from a Tahoe and that works jus fine and much easier then retrofitting an OHC.

yep, I believe if you get the year right you can buy the parts I listed in the JF thread to replace the connector if your JY won't let you snip it or if like me you would have to mail-order to avoid an hour's drive

Any new or used wire plug with a sufficient number of terminals will work. The only place you are going to find Cherokee OHC wire plugs is the junkyard.

I bet the connector and terminals are available just need to figure it out. Anyone have one they can look at and see if there's any markings on the plastic?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Back