• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift advice ...

montanaman

NAXJA Forum User
Hi folks.

I upgraded all of my springs to up-country, but the front is riding almost 1 inch higher than the rear -- not pretty. I guess it's because the springs are not the same brand.

I'm still using the stock rear shackles. Would swapping out to a longer shackle be a good way to get some more lift on the back? If so, how much longer? Is there a rule of thumb for shackle length increase, vs. lift increase?

Thanks!

Yes, longer shackle will get you additional lift.
I've read on this forum shackle length will yield half its
length in lift. Take that advice with a grain of research
to confirm :patriot:

Add-a-Leaf, lift shackles, or shackle relocation will work. Most lift shackles are sold by the lift height they provide. Actual length will be 2x advertised lift.

Throw a relocation box on there first and see if you get the height you want. Will help you ride comfort anyway.

Thanks for all the replies. I've been working on cars for about 35 years, but I'm new to lift issues, so please pardon my noob questions.

How does the shackle relocation help the ride comfort?

Thanks.

It changes the stock shackle angle from vertical to a more comfortable 45ish degrees. Allows for better travel and is usually paired with a bit longer shackle so you just get even more suspension travel up and down.

Back