• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Round headlight conversion write up?

Sullie

NAXJA Forum User
I've scoured the forum and internet and have yet to fine a viable write up that answers my questions. Such as...

What is the maximum diameter light that will fit in the stock OEM 88 xj housing?

Is there a step by step write up of how it's done?

If I don't use the OEM housing what is the max diameter light that will fix without being to tacky?

Anyone have any of these questions?

Curious your motivation on doing this mod...

The headlights are 5"x7" so I would assume only a 5" diameter at most would fit. I'm not sure about depth.

I am not sure what you have in mind. Honestly, it wouldn't be that hard to take the painted front shroud thing off and cut that area, then make some moifications to the light shrouds, and fir something bigger in there.

As far as being tacky, I don't think round lights would go with the looks of an XJ at all, so it's all tacky in my book.

Also, "too" not "to." ;-)

Cherokee lights look better than Commander lights....

Only decent round headlights I've ever seen on an XJ.

xj2.jpg

I agree with Cottontail commander lights are no bueno, but different strokes for different folks.

Here's a link from xjtalk with ideas

http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14642

Back