• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" lift coils from J/Y

xCWolf

Bring the Boom
NAXJA Member
I'm sure it's on here somewhere and I just failed at google/forum trolling.

I've seen you can use the front coil springs from a ford f150 from like 78-79ish for 3" lift in front and you can also use the front coil springs from a Thunderbird(?) but what year? Thunderbird and f150's exactly.

anything else I can use for 2-3.5" coils for the front? I like the idea of a stiff front end like with the f150 coils but I never see anything older than like 95 in any of my local pick-a-parts.

Thanks in advance!

wow lol I found the thunderbird years right after I posted this. Figures, right?

anyway all I see for the ford f150/bronco is "70s" can anyone clarify this a bit?

Rusty's regular and heavy duty 3 inch lift coils are $99 a set, which kinda makes tramping about in junkyards and working to remove worn out old coils a waste of time. I think "everybody" says F-150 coils ride like bricks.

Yeah thats totally better than grabbing junkyard suspension parts. Could have sworn I looked at their website for coils. Guess I didn't I'll have to get 'em there. Thanks for the heads up

I can confirm that the f150 coils ride like bricks...while having hemorrhoids. I second the rustys coils, very well priced. HD if you plan on running a heavy bumper and/or winch, regs if not. HDs will of course ride a tad stiffer, but aren't that bad. Had HDs on a 95 and was very happy.

Amazon has RE 4.5 inch coils for $90 shipped right now

I can confirm that the f150 coils ride like bricks...while having hemorrhoids. I second the rustys coils, very well priced. HD if you plan on running a heavy bumper and/or winch, regs if not. HDs will of course ride a tad stiffer, but aren't that bad. Had HDs on a 95 and was very happy.

I'll probably end up going with Rustys HD's I like the stiffer ride.

Back