• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remote starters and Door triggers

xCWolf

Bring the Boom
NAXJA Member
So I installed the remote starter I had kicking around finally after like a year. It does security as well. I wanted to tag a dome light trigger in so if any of the doors are opened the alarm will go off. it was THEN that I realized my drivers door jamb pin doesn't work and I don't get a dome light when I open the driver's door. Ordered another one, just felt the need to vent as I'm a bit upset that it took me this long to realize it's broken :bawl:

Nice. Have you thought of retrofitting the jam pins into the rear door jams too?

I'm not quite sure I understand your meaning. As in the rear doors don't have door jamb pins/door triggers?

If so than I'm going to do the two rears and hook them up to trigger the dome light and than set my door trigger on the remote starter to set the alarm off with the dome light.

Remote starter is a life saver in these winters we've been having! I love mine

Yeah definitely very nice to have. Never had a remote starter before and it's SURPRISINGLY nice to get into a warm car. Especially for me since I usually love the cold.

I'm not quite sure I understand your meaning. As in the rear doors don't have door jamb pins/door triggers?

If so than I'm going to do the two rears and hook them up to trigger the dome light and than set my door trigger on the remote starter to set the alarm off with the dome light.

They aren't there but it looks like there is a flat spot begging to be used.

They aren't there but it looks like there is a flat spot begging to be used.

Yeah as long as it's deep enough in the pillar I could mount it but dorman also makes a mag switch version so either one would be fine with me. definitely going for it.

I got the part and fixed it! Also all four doors and the trunk have triggers dan so I didn't have to mount any more. Easy peasy lemon squeezy

That would be nice. I checked mine yesterday and I have grommets in place for the switches so I'll have to do a bit more work but it would be nice to have some light when opening a door other than the driver's.

Back