• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood changes by Year

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
I could not find an older thread. I know some hardware changed in 1987, but what about 87 to 91 and 95 to 97, or any other years, did anything on the hoods change? If so what and when?

Does a 95 hood work on 97 or 01 jeep?

i have never compared the hoods. but i would imagine that its the same. the only thing i could think of is the body lines on the hood might have gotten softer.

I won't say about the early years, but the 97+ hood is definitely different!

Last edited:
Just for reference, early Renix vehicles, before the I6 (1986??), had a single hood latch mounted in the center and the vehicle had a different radiator (smaller) and the sheet metal that held the latches and head lights was different.

Re: Hood changes by Year 84-01

Yep, I have an 85 and 87 and 89, the 84-86 had different parts on the hood latch like you said. The latches are very different and different locations between 86-87. I may be shopping for a good shape (if it exists) 85 Blue hood one day soon. Or move all the parts to a newer hood.

But the question I want answered is the 97 year right now. What changed on it. I just sold what I was told was 97 hood, but it looked just like an 87 and 92 hood. I see some auctions on ebay that say the latch cable assy and hood hinges changed, but not the hood itself so far.

Just for reference, early Renix vehicles, before the I6 (1986??), had a single hood latch mounted in the center and the vehicle had a different radiator (smaller) and the sheet metal that held the latches and head lights was different.

Back