• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good independent XJ shop in OC, CA?

wgregt

NAXJA Forum User
The list of small, yet determined issues I'm having with the XJ has become too much.

Damn door locks, even with Greg's Door Lock fix (which worked for a number of years) is now becoming insufferable. Opening every single damn door with the key or the reach around (which, oddly, usually I'm fully in favor of) is too much for any human to bear.

Also, the signal stalk seems to have gone south: no cruise any more, no right signal, no intermittent wipers, all of which used to work fine.

The driver's leather (Limited model) seat leather went from perfect and flawless to completely shredded within 2 weeks it seems. Should probably get new foam too?

I've got a moaning coming from the RF end when the suspension compresses at a stop, and all brakes squeak, though I can see 98% meat on the pads/shoes all around.

So, if you live in SoCal (orange county would be great) and you know an independent Jeep/XJ specialty shop, I'm all ears. Love to find someone closer than the guy in Laguna (who does good work, it's just that getting in & out of there is a PITA and I'm a bit far away.)

I can't help you in SoCal, but if anyone in New England is looking for a great 4x4 shop with an appreciation for XJs, I can't say enough about Elias 4x4. I did the hard stuff with Lou Kiklis, the owner, and it turned out great.

Contact Falk, aka Hawkeye_1 (I think that?s his username)

Back