• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm looking for a specific lift.

hansj3

NAXJA Forum User
I just mounted some new 30x9.5s on my xj, and I'm looking to lift it. Only 2".

What I've seen is the kits with a front coil set, rear add a leafs , and shocks. That works because I could use new shocks, and I'm sure my coils are weaker, but I don't like aal lifts.

The other one is 2inch BB pucks, shackles, and shocks.

The kit I want would be coils, shackles, and shocks.

Anyone seen that? Or am I going to end up chucking the leaves and buying shackles

I went with OME coils and leaf Springs. Used jks shackles and spacers when I went to 3" lift.
Dirk at dpg offroad will be a great souce for info and OME components.

What's wrong with add a leaves? I have 2 xjs with them, and they've held up well. But for what it sounds like you want, it would be easier to piece together your own kit and buy the parts you want.

old man emu coils and then either shackles with stock leafs or add-a-leaf or 3" leafs and experiment with taking a leaf out to get 2". Im at 2" with ome coils and heavy duty upcountry leaf springs but they are used and starting to sag. If I wanted to do 2" again I would do the same thing though.

What's wrong with add a leaves? I have 2 xjs with them, and they've held up well. But for what it sounds like you want, it would be easier to piece together your own kit and buy the parts you want.

Add a leafs work, but not for long. I ran an add a leaf when I first lifted my XJ, after 2 years it had sagged really bad because the stock springs were shot. It's really best just to get a whole leaf pack if possible.

Add a leafs work, but not for long. I ran an add a leaf when I first lifted my XJ, after 2 years it had sagged really bad because the stock springs were shot. It's really best just to get a whole leaf pack if possible.

This is my first xj, but on the Half tons they would either break, the clamps would get bashed, or they would sag after a while.

Shakle lifts were consistent. And the only headache has been sizing bump stops

This is my first xj, but on the Half tons they would either break, the clamps would get bashed, or they would sag after a while.

Shakle lifts were consistent. And the only headache has been sizing bump stops

I too, am on my first XJ. One of the first things I learned from other people is the shackle lift on stock XJ springs is short lived. You will need new leaf springs sooner than later.

One of the local guys had the OME 2-inch lift. He could not say enough good things about it.

I am cheap, I went the Rock Lizard route: http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm

I wouldn't use 2" lift shackles unless you're buying new leaf packs.
No one suggests AAL either, but I use them when I need them, although I only use a full length Add-a-leaf.
The best way to get a 2" lift in the rear that you can depend on is the ome leaf spring, in my opinion.
By the time you buy new stock leaf packs and a set of shackles or a full length Add-a-leaf, you've already spent near the same money.

Why not get some new up country leaf packs?

Rusty's makes 2" coils, I used their 3" 150lb coils and they rode nice and soft; borderline too soft though...

I second the OME coils and leaves, the ride with Bilstein 5100s is just perfect. I have the rear leaves, but I got 3.5" from them WITH the overload leaf removed. So I'm sitting at 4" on my rig now front and rear.

Originally, for my first lift, I used 2" coil spacers and a cut off main leaf from a Ford Ranger Payload C to get to a 2" front and 2.5" rear lift with JK Sahara shocks. It rode really well, had good flex, and is still in use on a buddy's Jeep 4 years later, with NO SAGGING. but my rear leaves were still decent when I added the leaf.

Extended shackles will severely sag a stock leaf spring pack.

Add-a-Leaf work just fine when the leaf spring pack is not fully sagged, and a full length add-a-leaf is used. Even dead flat leaf springs will be fine. I have +50,000 miles on a Rubicon Express 2 inch AAL. The same RE AAL has been installed in both of my XJ's. I have also built several Rock Lizard type bastard packs for members of my local Jeep club.

Last edited:
building on a saggy leaf pack is the prob with most AAL.

gonna have to assemble the pieces yourself. seems like this setup would be an obvious no-brainer for good riding lifts in that range. solid plan

Back