• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wrangler vaccum canister

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Thought I'd share my fix for relocating a vacuum canister. Short version is that I bought a vacuum canister from a TJ, and stuck it under the passenger front fender behind the corner lamp

First step was buy a vacuum canister. I was actually just looking for small square one, and found out that the TJ canister is almost exactly the right size. They are all over ebay for $20. Once I got it I cut a template from cardboard and drilled 1/4" holes in the inner fender wall to match

Wrangler_Reservoir_Template.sized.jpg

Then put little spring nuts from hardware store over the holes in the ears

Wrangler_Resrvoir_Spring_Nuts.sized.jpg

And cut small little pieces of rubber hose to act as spacers / insulators to keep the canister off the wall

Rubber_Hose_Spacers.sized.jpg

Drill another hole for the plastic hard-line to go through and hook it all up

Replacement_Reservoir_Installed.sized.jpg

I had to take the fender off for other stuff and took that picture while it was off, but its not necessary if you remove the battery and drill from the inside

I have been running this way for a while, and it has held up pretty well. I did break it when I flopped the jeep and pushed the fender into the canister, but otherwise it has held up really well

If I were to see a TJ in the junkyard, where would that reservoir be on/in it?

Back