• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake light coming on with lights on

Goosekiller

NAXJA Forum User
Just started this morning when I turn the headlights parking lights on my brake lights come on as soon as I shut them off the brake lights to work like they should I've tried searching Google and on here any ideas on where I should start

bad ground causing feed back.
or a bad bulb where one filament is shorting to the other
a single filament bulb in a double filament socket

Look for a short circuit in the tailgate wire harness near the hinges. Inspect the wire harness plugs and relays behind the spare tire and plastic trim. Make sure the ground connection located there are clean and tight. Inspect/test any trailer wiring for damage or failure.

Definitely a ground problem with the lights shut off all the dash lights come on when I hit the brakes

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Interesting thread. Wiring Gremlins can be such fun. Like chasing a wild hog while blindfolded they are.

I see you fixed this out thought I'd share anyways. Mine would turn the dash lights on when I hit the brakes and it was because both brake light bulbs were burned out.

Back