• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Locating OBA Compressor

Bronco

NAXJA Forum User
I have finally settled on an ExtremeAir compressor for my air needs. My question is; were do I put it? I don’t think it will fit under the hood. I don’t want to put it in the cargo area. I have considered mounting it just in front of the rear axel on the driver’s side but I think there is only room for the air tank there. I’m interested in where others have put their Electric compressors. I’m not at all interested in hearing from you “Just pull out your AC and put in a York” folks. Nothing personal.

Who’s brilliance were you copying on that one. I like that idea. The Extreme Air is 6in around do you think it would fit.

There is a amazing amount of room behind both rear quarters. I do not think you would have any problem finding room for a 6" round on either side. I would make sure that it is nice and insulated on the mounts and from the exterior body panel so that it does not rattle everything when it is on. But very nice and out of the way back there. Just stick out the hose disconnect.

michael

I’m also thinking about right in front or behind the driver seat on the floor. I don’t think it would be in the way much under your knees and I never have any back seat passengers. What do you think? How bout you guys with this compressor where are you putting them?

hatch.jpg

You would have to loose the speakers, but this might also be a good place.

Back