• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory AC delete and e-fan delete (e-fan doesnt fit?)

Goose_XJ88

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Hey guys, a really dumb question but I haven't had luck searching on google using the typical NAXJA keyword trick.

Anyways, my 92 MJ came from the factory with no AC, no e-fan, and dummy gauges. I know the previous owners were able to make it 188k with no issues on this setup but I don't trust it.

I pulled a 99 10 blade fan from the junkyard to throw in the jeep but for some reason the trans cooler line running to the radiator seems to be keeping it from going in all the way and letting me bolt it up.

I'm curious if XJs/MJs that came from the factory with no e-fan had different trans cooler lines or if I just need to massage the line further so the fan fits.

I also have plans to throw in a full cluster once the dummy gauge mileage matches the cluster I have.

Last edited:
you might be able to move it down some. the stock fan on my 90 fits fine with plenty of space. but the newer 95 ish fan i swapped in is a bit tight had to bend the line over for it to fit right.

The cooler routing might be different, maybe a smaller radiator instead of the big wide one. Also some AC delete had the mech fan in the center instead of off-set to the passenger side. If that is what you have you would need to get the alternator and AC brackets to relocate the mech fan first.

I had one radiator where the trans cooler line connection seemed closer to the radiator? I had trouble getting clearance. I found a female to male flare fitting, in essence am extension, which moved the fitting out 3/4 inch or so.

Any refrigeration supply shop is likely to have one or order online. Just remember there is a cone shaped copper washer that goes between your extension and the existing fitting on the radiator. Takes the place of the flare for sealing.

Hand bending tubing takes some experience and skill. A little more, then again a little more, then way too much and kink, is pretty common.

So I am an idiot and got the fan to fit... I just needed to shove the trans line over to make space.

The problem now is that I am not getting power to my fan relay port under the hood so I have to start chasing wires back from there.

Anyone know off hand if there is a fuse in the cab that goes to the fan relay?

Truck runs and I confirmed power to the fuel pump relay so it seems the fan is the only port not getting power.

But jumping the Terminals 87 and 30, should override everything and turn on the fan.

I have confirmed jumping the terminals powers the fan on my 88, 93, and 99. It only fails to work on my 92 MJ with AC delete..

I verified with a volt meter on the other three years that I have power beween terminal 87 and 30. When I did the same thing on the 92, no power.

Haha.. maybe that is the missing link... Hope that I'm not that dumb but at the same time I'm hoping that it is that easy of a fix.. Haha

Last edited:
So I drove home and checked my fuse block and I was missing the fuse. Stole one from my other jeep and the fan works!

Thank you for stating the obvious and it's sometimes the most simple solution for your problem.

Back