• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question About Vents On 2 Door XJs.

seanof30306@yahoo.

NAXJA Forum User
I've been thinking about retiring my 4 door and getting a 2 door.

I've noticed that some appear to have vents on the rear side windows, and some do not.

Can anyone tell me which years have them, and which don't, and how they work?

Thanks.

It's an factory option, I've had two 94 2drs, base trim. Solid window. Friend had a 96 loaded, 4.0 5 speed cruise power everything. Had opening rear windows. Grabbed them from him before he scrap the 96.

There is a 2 door in the pull-a-part here in town that has the factory vents. I thought about pulling them, but didn't really know the market. Seem to think it was a late 80s model. Neither my 85 or 90 two doors had them, but they were base models. Didn't even have carpet!

they at least to me seem very rare. so im going to save mine. they leak a bit from the rubber being all dried out. but not sure if they all had it but mine have a mirror like tint on them.

I believe the 2-dr Sports all had the vents with tinted glass
and the SE model was without vents with non tinted glass.

My red 89 Sport had silver mirrored glass, and my current
green 96 Sport has bronze tinted glass. I suspect the 2 tint
shades were to complement the exterior colors...?

My 91 Laredo has tinted vented rears. I don't sit back and don't usually have the rear seat bottom in the ride so they get almost no use. Right now they don't leak.

Back