• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick Help! Front seat question

jeffnboise

NAXJA Forum User
If the front seats are removed from the base, can you swap the drivers/passenger side without modification? Found a great passenger side, but need a Driver's side. Thanks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Go to a junk yard, these cars were built in such masses most junk yards have them. Just do a little online research. You can pull seats from another Xj. Or you can spend the extra cash and refurbish yours

Yes, the seats swap out. I had the seat frame break on my driver's side (almost fell into the back seat!) and had it welded. While it was out I put the pass seat on the driver side so I could drive it. Reclining handle was on the wrong side but I don't recline so it was a non-issue.

Weirdest part was having no pass side seat for 2 weeks.

Good passenger seats sell for cheap because nobody needs one. Remove the seat cover and use the cushion. It is a bit higher on one side, but you don't really notice it. You do have to seperate the seat from the back to do it carefully. It took me about 2 hours to do. It's not hard, but it takes time.

Back