• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Wagoneer trim needed-Charlotte, NC

gr8Tyres

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
I have the trim for my 89 Waggy, but many of the plastic prong clips that hold it in place are broke. Anyone suggest a site(other than Quadratec, Mopar/Chrysler Parts) I can buy 20-30? Can't glue them back on.
Or does anyone have spares I can buy? If needed, I will take pix to send for comparison.
Thx

Tom in Charlotte

No idea what part you asking for? part #, picture?

I found the roof rack clips I needed to replace on 2 of my jeeps 10 years ago, and the oil filter adapter o'rings were a steal (LOL) at the stealer-ship. Have you actually priced them there yet?

Haven't tried a stealership yet. Might just do that tomorrow. Can't hurt(if I leave my wallet in car).
Roofrack went back in quick and easy...........

For plastic retaining clips for chrome trim I would first try my local Napa. Mine has a big thick "book" of that stuff. Samples of each part are adhered to each page. "Book" is several inches thick and only contains a few pages. I don't know if this is common to all Napa stores, so it might be worth calling in advance to see if it is worth your while.

Another place to try would be an automotive paint supply store. I have found a rack or two worth of that sort of part at my PPG supplier.

Alternatively, try calling some of your local auto body repair shops and see if they can't point you in the right direction.

more ideas I hadn't thought of. thx

And now sad news........ family interest is low(except me), so I put it on local C'list and here in FOR SALE forum. I'll try finding clips tho, don't want it looking bad you know.

more ideas I hadn't thought of. thx

And now sad news........ family interest is low(except me), so I put it on local C'list and here in FOR SALE forum. I'll try finding clips tho, don't want it looking bad you know.

How much, details?

Back