• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ/KJ brake install done!

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Overall I'm very impressed with the capability of the system. I've got some tweaking to do on it but, it's very impressive and I know it will handle my towing needs(heat dissipation). The proportioning is good, I just don't care for the pedal travel. I didn't get a chance to do the rear SS caliper lines so it will get better tomorrow. I'm still looking at a 1-1/16" MC as a option also.

BTW: no where was it mentioned that my "track" would increase by a 1/2", my toe-in went to 5" !

The ease of installation of both set-ups was simple and straight forward.

Last edited:
You won't notice a difference with the SS.

I got them installed today, it made a big difference. A very firm pedal vs spongy(8" of SS compared to 14" of rubber). Pedal travel still sucks but that's another thread!

Nice. What was your overall cost after it was said and done?

I haven't done the math, but it wasn't cheap(all new parts except the KJ backing plates).

P1080481_zpsmeoobn1a.jpg

I have no idea where you get 14" vs 8"?

All other things being equal, 8" of rubber vs 8" of SS, both being new, will feel the same.

SS will last longer, will not deform and expand for a longer period.

Do you still have the frame/axle line in rubber? or SS? Rubber in the front? or SS?

The difference in measurements comes from the actual measurements of "exposed" hose. I'm all SS, and in my 50yrs of racing, I've never seen a rubber hose that can hold a candle to SS!

You are not racing.

I used to run sport bikes...........apples to oranges.

Your Jeep is not high-performance anything.

You are only going to get so much out of what you have.

Well it's not a race car, but I need it to stop like one! Fully laden for a trip I come in at 4 tons. Braking is of the utmost important thing to me!

Back