• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

S10 leafs for rear stretch

831_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Has anybody used a full s10 leaf pack in place of their current to stretch the rear 2-3"? How much lift did it give as well?

About to put a tru hi9 and 37s and would like to push it back a bit. If these won't give me what I want want I guess I'll be using the +2 perches from ruffstuff

Just use xj leafs and move your mounting points back I have a ranger main leaf in my buddies xj for a 3" stretch and the leafs are just crap way to soft with with u bolt eliminators from TNT as well as they allow a bit of stretch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just swapped in some S10 Blazer springs (4 leaf) 2 weeks ago. Coming from bastard Durango/RE packs they gave me more wheelbase and more lift. Keep in mind I am running custom boomerang shackles I had originally made for the Durango springs since they were longer and shackles hit the rear bumper, but it measures 8 5/8" to top of axle tube, ~10" to center, ~24 1/2" from center pin to front eye at ride height if that helps.

Quick pic for reference, the rear is cut past the pinch welds and re-plated. Sorry for the quality, its getting dark:

jeepxj_zpsuxfo0hk2.jpg

Mine are also cut past the pinch welds, the 8 5/8" measurement is that from frame rail to top of axle tube?

Yes, sorry should have said that. Measured from the bottom of the rail to top of axle tube.

How much do your tires rub? Looks like you only have a couple of inch's of travel

Yeah the back of the wheelwell/rear bumper end eats the tire pretty good right now. Going to redrill the main leaf 1.5-2" forward to center the axle where it was before with the durango main leafs. Then I should be back where I was with compression although not as much droop as the durangos had, but they were odd shaped mains and didn't hold up at all.

Back