• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going to start planning a new build but need some direction...

smokeyyank

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy all, looking for some advice on a new build. I currently have a 93 XJ that I'm going to strip my parts off and put on a 98 or 99. The 93 is decently built with axles and all the other stuff but the body is toast. I also have a baby on the way so I'm going to tone down some things so I can still use it as a family hauler when needed. What I want to rig to do is be my DD but able to take it up the hill and wheel the sh*t out of it. What I'm trying to decided on is the lift. The RE lift on the 93 would be better off in a scrap yard, so it's heading there. Since I already have pretty much everything I don't want a lift kit and will just piece together what I need. Basically will need coils, leafs, control arms and some other items. I'm currently running 33's but am considering down sizing to 31's. Lift height I'm aiming for about 3" maybe 4". I've always been a fan of OME and am leaning towards them for the coils and leafs, but would be open to some suggestions. As for control arms I'm at a loss just because every tom, dick and harry makes some. I do like the ironmanfab ones and they aren't to pricey but open to other ideas. I also plan on doing a SYE, shackle relocation, new shackles and willing to hack the fenders. I also plan on adding a winch and bumper. Any input is appreciated.

Sounds like you have it all figured out except the long arms. Why not just keep your Rubicon Express arms?

They pretty much are shot, but i could freshen them up. Was mainly thinking about going with adjustable CAs

Back