• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re: A few clicks.............

gptherezonlyone

NAXJA Forum User
Re: A few clicks.............

I have a 96 with a three inch Pro Comp. When turning the wheels from lock to lock I get a combination click and thump from the left and the right but not at the same time. I can't get it to do it when someone is under the front end. I have eliminated the tie rod ends and the ball joints. It is definitely not the track bar. The axle nuts are real tight and all the brake hardware is solid. The lugs are all tight and the control arms and their bushings are all tight and in good shape. The outer and all three uni-joints are new on the front and the hubs(bearings) are 6 months old. It sounds very metallic and appears to be coming from the hub area. With the wheels off the ground and me pulling the top of the tire out and standing on the bottom of the rim it will pop. If I grab the brushguard and shake the front end like I was really pissed off, it will pop. And when I move slow back or forward and turn more than half way in either direction it will pop. What in the hell. I can't figure it out. My local 4x4 "expert" guy said track bar brackets or bad hubs. Its not the brackets or steering gear mounts. Please help me or I am gong to run it into a tree.

Check the caliper bracket, and the ball joints. Are the ball joints shot, is grease coming out of them? They might be shot. My first guess was the lower trac bar bolt. But I then read your who thread. I would check it again. My was loose one time and made some of the same noise when it was wet. I when through everything and that was a little loose. But just a thought. Juice

Back