• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

outer D30 27 spline shaft

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
I was replacing the axle ujoints today and it turns out my donor axle had a stretched ear of the drivers outer axle.

I think im going to order a spicer replacement but my only reason for posting is to see if anyone knows a better alternative replacement option. Axles are stock 97 hp D30 27 spline and i want to keep the same strength for a new outer.

I cant seem to find any part stores that carry just the outer shaft unless i go online, other than used does anyone know another option?

I am confused by your post, you can buy new, or buy used. What other alternatives are you looking for ?

CV shafts are weaker than u-joint shafts.

Last edited:
I was replacing the axle ujoints today and it turns out my donor axle had a stretched ear of the drivers outer axle.

I think im going to order a spicer replacement but my only reason for posting is to see if anyone knows a better alternative replacement option. Axles are stock 97 hp D30 27 spline and i want to keep the same strength for a new outer.

I cant seem to find any part stores that carry just the outer shaft unless i go online, other than used does anyone know another option?

$89 plus shipping for a new higher strength 4340 chromoly, by Yukon axle. Plus shipping. That's what I can offer...

I am confused by your post, you can buy new, or buy used. What other alternatives are you looking for ?

CV shafts are weaker than u-joint shafts.

Hey sorry, I was looking for equivalent matches in strength if there's others outside of Spicer, just curious before it's fixed

To bad, last month I "scrapped" a full set w/ unit bearings out of my 2K!

Back