• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 xj Manual Swap

rrl0044

NAXJA Forum User
I know manual swaps are a common topic and its been done before, but I think my situation is somewhat different than most.

I have a 2000 xj that I would like to swap my AW4 for a terminator (ax-15) transmission. Luckily money is not a problem for me right now. My main concern is compatibility of parts. As I am sure many of you know, Craigslist does not offer many manual jeeps, especially of the year 2000. So I would prefer to purchase all new parts for this swap start-to-finish. I know that this can get pricey, but again, this is not a problem for me. What I am looking for is a full parts list from anyone who has done a manual swap before and is familiar with all of the components.

And please don't try to convince me not to go through with this swap. I love driving manual vehicles and I love my cherokee. Who doesn't want the best of both worlds?:search::lickout::search:

Why not stick with the year specific NV3550?

Find a manual xj and swap your parts over

Hardest part in a 2000-2001 is finding the ecm but it's an easy swap

Any idea how difficult it would be to fake out the ecm? One would think that jumping the neutral would take care of everything. But then again, with emissions, who knows what the computer is keeping track of...

Just got a quote from novak adapters. Very thorough in the parts list. Thanks for the suggestion @vahasnowaves!

I think I'm going to try to cut some corners price wise just to keep this from getting too out of hand. Maybe find a good used bellhousing, I'll probably reuse my t-case considering what an easy life it has had so far and the used spare I have laying around.

Hardest part in a 2000-2001 is finding the ecm but it's an easy swap

Any idea how difficult it would be to fake out the ecm? One would think that jumping the neutral would take care of everything. But then again, with emissions, who knows what the computer is keeping track of...

Just got a quote from novak adapters. Very thorough in the parts list. Thanks for the suggestion @vahasnowaves!

I think I'm going to try to cut some corners price wise just to keep this from getting too out of hand. Maybe find a good used bellhousing, I'll probably reuse my t-case considering what an easy life it has had so far and the used spare I have laying around.

As far as I know since I have done the swap a few times you can't fool the ecm since the auto one will be looking for sensors and such

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back