• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best solution for a WJ/KJ brake swap??

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2k XJ that I'm upgrading the brakes on. As far as proportioning valves go, I recall the best method for a ZJ set-up was removing the o-ring. What is everybody doing on WJ/KJ set-ups?

I'll be needing to do this soon - subscribed.

Leave it alone.

Or swap in valve from 98+ if you have earlier.

Well mines a 2000 and I have already confirmed it uses the same MC as a WJ. So that's my starting point!

No, I'm asking about the proportioning valve!

Swap the prop valve spring from a rear disc brake ZJ. It's behind the nut on the front of the prop valve.

I think I will p/u a ZJ(KJ) and a WJ valve. This is going to take about a month for the complete installation. Tomorrow my rear rotor's are due in(3 weeks) and I will do the rear brakes, the next week is Nascar so I'll be towing my 3500# trailer while testing that. When I get back I will do the WJ brakes and go from there!

Cool let us know how it works!

I'll be doing the WJ's this weekend. I'm already have pedal travel issues so it will be interesting! Possible master cylinder thread coming?

Back