• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP

dgregory

NAXJA Forum User
Rookie question but here goes....I have a 4.5" rough country lift and just put BFG 31x10.50's and they are rubbing... what is the best and most economical remedy for my situation...and thank you in advance.

Rubbing on what? Fenders vs backings can be a issue. What year makes a difference too?

I'm not mechanically inclined but here goes... its rubbing when I turn completely right/left where the brake lines are mounted to inside fender well? It's a 2000 Cherokee.

Indeed, if its rubbing on the control arms, slightly less backspacing. 235/75 R15 will work fine, but they are only 9.25". Less backspacing as GordoSmasho says.

Back spacing? Sorry? I am using stock rims. I'm sorry guys I appreciate the technical advice but it's all Greek to me...are you saying I need new rims? Tires?

Either new rims or add some wheel spacers. You need to push your tires out.

Or add spacers to the steering stops

If the rubbing only occurs on the control arm when steering is turned fully right or left, like my 97 did with 31x1050 tires on stock rims with a 3.5 inch suspension, using a few flat washers to make the steering stops longer will correct the problem. Mine took two or three washers per side. This is a simple and cheap fix. A couple bucks and about 15 minutes with basic hand tools.

WJ lower control arms is a better fix.

Back