• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight ground

voudoux

NAXJA Forum User
Where do the headlights ground on a 1998xj 2.5 ,was told it was on left shock tower, did not see it. Thought I would ask before I started removing things,to get a better view. Thanks

The two G106 grounds are a few inches long, come right out of the main wire harness, and are very near the rear of the air filter box. No need to remove anything.

If necessary, Google for pictures.

Last edited:
Sanded off paint on body and cleaned upconecters and fasteners ,made quite a difference in briteness of headlights. In my opinion this was a poor excuse for a factory ground, Chrysler could have done better. It makes me want to check all the grounds for such shoddy work. Thanks again

XJ Cherokee grounds are a common issue.

The headlight wire harness was marginal when it was new, age and mileage have not improved it any. Installing an upgraded headlight wire harness makes a significant improvement in brightness, even with stock headlights.

I went with the the Ecode Autopals 200mm H4 housings and the putco harness it was a 1000X improvement from the stock! Best investment so far! people have had good luck with just the harness to but I needed new fixtures anyway.

Back