• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle weldnut galled and misaligned

Blackhullpirate

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys! New to NAXJA, but been over at jeep forum for a bit. I've got myself in a jam and am looking for advice on a way forward. In the process of removing my passenger side shackle, the boss for the weldnut where the shackle bolt threads in was bent downward at about a 5 degree angle. Also the threads were damaged due to the unthreaded guide tip of the bolt being captive in there from corrosion. Has anyone encountered this, or god forbid, had to remove the weldnut? If so, what is the best way to go about it. This is on a 2000 model. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly you can remove the bumper and gain minor access to the nut. If you can't get enough access then you'll have to cut the pocket. Harbor freight sells a cutoff tool similar to a grinder but with a long neck.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Back