• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rcx lift bushing question

PoconoChris

NAXJA Forum User
Just got my first jeep for practically free but it needs work. That's why I'm here :) All I know about it is it is a 1996 xj with an rcx lift. What I do know is it has bad death wobble and the upper and lower control arm bushings are shot along with the track bar bushing. My question is can I just go to the auto parts store and get oem bushings or do I have to get bushings from rough country?

More questions to come but one thing at a time :)

If the bushings are polyurethane then you have to go to Rough Country. If they are rubber then you can probably find out what size they used and get them from a parts store but they will be a pain to remove and will require a shop press to press them in.

I would highly recommend replacing the arms all together with a better quality set. Rough Country is one of the worst lift manufacturers in the industry and they have a lifetime warranty for a reason, you are going to use it several times on each part.

I have their flex arms on my Jeep and I absolutely hate them. I bought them for $75 used and rebuilt them and they need rebuilding again. I am going back with JKS control arms but they are pricey so you don't need to spend that much on set of arms, my buddy I gave the lower arms to still has them so I only have to buy the uppers. IronMan 4x4 Fab sells a fantastic set of arms if you decide to replace the RC arms.

Back