• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Disc's

90xj06

NAXJA Forum User
so i noticed on my 1988 cherokee that it has a different front disc setup than the 1990 i have. would there be any benefit of swapping the 1990 disc setup into the 88? also guessing that the rotors for the 90 will fit on the 88 with out swapping everything.

What sort of benefit are you hoping for ? The 1984 through 1989 AMC Jeep brake rotors, AMC calipers, and AMC roller bearing hubs, AMC knuckles cannot interchange any parts with the 1990 + Chrysler Jeep parts, so you would have to swap everything.

You'd have to swap the knuckle, the caliper wouldn't bolt up (and just about everything else is different) I think some swap in WJ knuckles and Bakes as a upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't confirmed anything on it. But supposedly the WJ caliper/bracket, 00-up unit bearings and a dual drilled WJ rotor are a 'plug n pray' upgrade with renix knuckles. There is a 'big brake' upgrade thread over at cherokee forum.

Back