• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 xj issue

srt-hemi

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone, im new here so go easy on me. I have a 99 xj 4.0 auto that has developed a problem that I can not figure out. It starts and runs fine for about 10 minutes shows that it looses oil pressure and starts to flood and run very rough till it dies. It starts back immediately and runs fine with oil pressure for a couple minutes and does the same again. The jeep has no ob2 codes, and I have changed the pcm, oil pressure sending unit, compete tune up, and the bottom end has been rebuilt a month or two before the problem started with new oil pump. I am lost!! Its my winter driver and I need it fixed as soon as I can any help would be great.:repair:

Inspect the upstream O2 sensor wires (trace the wires from the sensor, all the way up to
where the wires exit the hard black plastic wire harness protector above the #1 exhaust
header tube). Look for any signs of burned insulation, chaffing or exposed copper wires.

While you're there, you might want to clean the O2 sensor connector pins.

You might also consider cleaning the ground terminal (G101) that is on the passenger side of the block, aft of the oil dipstick tube. Undo the nut, and clean the stud, and
wire ring terminals (there's 2 of them), and put them back.

You'll want to disconnect the battery ground wire before doing any of this.

Hi guys, it was a collapsed oil filter. Thanks for your help. I hope the motor will last through winter but we will see. Thanks again.

Back